Did anyone receive a message recently that contained a video of me watching porn? 😆
Because apparently I was being blackmailed that all my contacts would receive it, if I don’t pay 202€ in BTC. Alas, I didn’t check the spam folder, so I’d missed the deadline a week ago 🤷♂
- If they really had full access to my computer, they’d know that I almost never use Italian... Only to talk to some old friends once in a blue moon, and to laugh at all the spammers who assume that owning a “.it” domain automatically makes you Italian.
- If they really had full access to my computer, or even checked out my pubic posts on social media, they’d know I don’t give a shit about someone seeing me naked or masturbating.
- Blackmailing someone with that is the most obvious choice: almost everyone watches porn & masturbates, and most people are (inexplicably) ashamed of it.
- They didn’t attach ANY proof whatsoever. Not a piece of a video, not a single URL from browser history, not a screenshot. Not even naming my OS or browser. I have no idea, which of my computers they claim to have attacked 😆
- Sending an email from my own address to myself is given as a “proof” that they control my computer. The thing is, via SMTP you can send an email with ANY valid email in the “From” field. Most clients will deem it unreliable though and put it in spam – exactly as has happened here.
- They claim to have been “observing me for a couple of months”. Well, to get enough porn & masturbation blackmail material on me, they wouldn’t need more than a day 🤭
- “Malware was undetectable by the antivirus, because driver” is a BS talk for people who don’t know shit about computers. They’ve been watching me for months, they should know I know my shit about computers 😆
- Most importantly: the deadline is over already. And nothing?
Despite so many red flags people seem to be buying this bullshit, apparently. Those criminals have received 4,5 BTC already (~14k€). Within A WEEK!
Please, educate yourself about cybersecurity, people... And don’t panic! 🙂